The Fair Tax is Fair, Simple and, Transparent. The current income tax system is complicated, easy to evade, and burdens the lower and middle classes. The current federal tax system is broken and attempts to fix it have only made it worse.
The Fair Tax replaces the federal income tax system, which taxes what you earn, with a tax on what you spend. The Fair Tax is a consumption tax: the more you buy, the more you pay in taxes; the less you buy, the less you pay in taxes. So everyone pays fairly when we choose to spend our hard earned money.
The Fair Tax:
- Allows you to keep your entire pay check
- Untaxes the poor with a rebate on the necessities of life
- Makes sure everyone pays their fair share
- Protects Social Security and Medicare
- Stimulates investment, economic growth, and job creation
The Fair Tax is Fair: It treats all People, Products, and Services the Same. The Fair Tax is Simple: NO Individual Tax Filings and NO Loopholes. The Fair Tax is Transparent: NO more Embedded or Hidden Taxes.